20.2.13

NURSERY CRAFTING

Mark and I arrived home from Edmonton Monday evening, and unfortunately Mark had to leave early yesterday morning for another 4 days. Then he's back for one night, and gone again all day Saturday. Basketball is busy this time of year in the North! So I had to figure out some things to do to entertain myself with for the next few days.
Enter nursery crafts.
Above, I made a simple garland using friendship bracelet string. It's sooo easy! I just wrapped the string around a piece of cardboard, wrapped some more around the top, secured it with a hot glue gun, snipped the bottom, strung them up, and voila! Simple and cute. 
Oh but wait, there's more.
I thought I'd try out some DIY stamps, and make a print for the baby's room. I simply took 2 elastics I had laying around and cut them into equal lengths. Then I hot glue gunned them to a piece of cardboard, slopped on some paint, drew and cut out a whale stencil, and got stamping! Easy, adorable, and cost me $0. And no, it's not perfect, but I kind of love it like that.
It's beginning to look like a baby boy's room now! Well, almost. But of course I have a few more craft ideas up my sleeve for another day. Hope you can get some inspiration to start crafting! (Instead of just pinning... which I am usually guilty of).

1 comment:

  1. Love "your" old baby rattle on the wall - cute

    ReplyDelete