12.2.13

RECIPE: STRAWBERRY BANANA LOAF

 So I finally made this strawberry banana loaf! (you can find the link to the recipe on #2). And let me tell you, it is delicious. I was pretty suspicious at first looking at the batter... and then when it didn't rise as much as I thought it would have... but it turned out amazing. I did have to cook it for an extra 15 minutes though, which the recipe does warn you about depending on how moist your batter turns out.
 This is by no means a healthy recipe though you may be fooled by all the bananas and strawberries. There's a good amount of sugar. However, I definitely plan on making something like this again that is a more healthy version. Maybe using honey rather than sugar and applesauce and oats as well. I'll figure something out! I think I have some healthy banana bread recipes laying around somewhere. But if you're looking for a little treat with some added healthy pieces to make you feel better... this is the loaf for you (and me)!
 Seriously though, it's amazing. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment